Magens Bay --San Thomas

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Treasure hunt you say … how about women’s closet, eh?


Women usually love what they buy, yet hate two-thirds of what is in their closets.  ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960. Sounds familiar?

Exactly how I felt the other night when I was preparing myself for the Valentine date with my hubby, I was a little confused as I wasn’t sure what to wear. Yes. I have a number of evening formal dresses but still, I needed something different.  So, I thumbed thru whole bunch of them and didn’t find anything that I like to wear.

When I was about to give up and choose whatever next to best that I liked to wear that very evening, suddenly I found something … something brand-new with the price tag still attached. Wow … I found a treasure after all … and it fits me just the way I wanted it.

My girls love going thru my closet. They think they would find some treasures there … sometimes, I saw Pepper, going thru my closet when she needed something to wear for her Juliet’s role for her lit class. The other day when she needed a biz suit, she picked one out of my closet. – I am sized two and she is zero so … a little bigger than her size but close enough :-)

--courtesy of blindgossip.com

I am one of those who hardly have any brand new clothe that I haven’t worn unless I bought them for some special occasions and that special occasion hasn’t yet come.

Strangely, what I heard about others women were a little bit more interesting. A lot of them like to buy stuff and put them away as if they are waiting for that special occasion to come but somehow have forgotten and they keep on buying newer ones. One day, out of the blue, they just realized that they have outfits that they bought many moons ago and no longer fit them so they have to give them away.

Wow … that would never happened to me – that was why I was so surprise I found one outfit that I haven’t worn … I was probably bought them over the summer and waiting for the right occasion to wear … like last Valentine date :-)

Any cases, if you feel like ‘treasure-hunt’ game, go to her closet and you would be amazed … 
Have a happy Friday!

Until next stop,
Journey of Life

No comments:

Post a Comment