Magens Bay --San Thomas

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Being a mom changed me forever …


I used to be a care free person. I didn’t have to worry about anything ‘cause everything was taken care for me. If I had anything that I needed … my parents were just a phone call away.  I didn’t even know how to cook until I turned eighteen. I was literally only need to worry about myself and only myself.Sigh!

The day came when I was tested positive for my first pregnancy. My hubby was ecstatic and he sent me a bouquet of flower. That how content he was! I, on the other hand, was not a kid friendly person. In fact, I didn't like kids. They are cute but I had no interest in them. Seriously!
I remembered telling our close friend then, “There is no way that I am going to sacrifice for my kid.” I went on and on about how I was going to spend some quality time with my hubby still and the baby wouldn’t stop me. He was laughing and probably thinking, “yeah … sure.”  (Of course he knew. He has one kid already then!)

The baby came and she changed us … she changed me forever! Now, everything I do, I do it for her and her sister. No kidding! What did I say then? I was not going to sacrifice for my kid(s). Yeah … right!

I was so excited and did all of my research and finally decided to purchase this Callaway golf clubs. (Check this out! http://www.callawaygolf.com/global/en-us/golf-equipment/womens-golf-clubs/womens-sets/solaire-14-pc-complete-set.html )

And she decided she wants to try for the golf team and guess what? My selfless mother feeling kicked in and now she is the new owner of my brand-new Callaway. (It just arrived yesterday!) Can you believe it? I guess being a mom changed me forever … for better and I love the way I am now, a selfless and thoughtful person! Yes! I love kids now. (And no ... I am NOT pregnant with the third! I am done!)

 Until next stop,
Journey of Life

No comments:

Post a Comment