Magens Bay --San Thomas

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Walk beyond our weakness …


A lot of us are too conscious about our own weakness and for the same reasons; we feel intimidated and want to hide behind them.  Sounds familiar?

I was at the DECA competition couple weeks ago as a chaperone for Pepper’s school. For those who know me personally know that I don’t hesitate to speak up. I don’t have problems with large crowd of new people. I can make my ways around.

A dinner was thrown to honor the chaperones and judges for helping the organization and to thank us for our time. There were about 10 of us or so in one table and they were all strangers to me. I didn’t know any single one of them but that didn’t stop me from talking, chatting and voiced my opinions.

The next morning, I happened to sit next to a mom, a Chinese descendant that was on the same table with me at the dinner and she mentioned this to me, “You are very alive.” I said, “I am?” She meant I am pretty outgoing, btw. She added on, “I have a lot of things to share as well but I refrained myself from speaking out because I think that my English is not that good. But … “ she went on, “your English is not perfect too and that doesn’t stop you.” I smiled.

Yes, come to think about it. It never stops me. I don’t have perfect English in both written and spoken and that never stop me from writing or speaking. Otherwise this blog will never existed in the first place :-)  My twelve years old, Baby Boo once said to me, “Mommy your writing is horrible. You made a lot of grammatical mistakes. “ I said, “I know but I could learn along the way. Practice makes me perfect. Someday … “ :-)

As we take another step into our journeys, let’s insert this thought into our mind and ask ourselves this question, “Do we want our weaknesses to be our very same reason for blocking our path?” Think again!

Until next stop,
Journey of Life

No comments:

Post a Comment