Magens Bay --San Thomas

Monday, January 23, 2012

Waiting for iHuman ...


Regret … interesting word and probably many of us have encountered it in our lifetime. Sometimes we regret ‘cause we never take the opportunity when it comes knocking on our door and sometimes is the other way around …
How do we know that we may or may not regret after our decision … Well … we don’t unfortunately. Otherwise this world would be a better place … The question is how do we prevent one and how to cope with it.

Coping is not an easy task, I am afraid so. Some people take it to the extreme … some people simply give up … some people manage just fine. I do not have the magical solution or words. But, I do know one thing, we simply don’t have much choices but to accept it and hoping that would serve as a lesson for our lives. One thing I would like to point out is the attitude. We can regret but need to move on. There is no point to dwell on. The question is if we are in a situation where we simply regret it but unable to walk away … just yet. What do we do? Take a deep breath and stick to it and meanwhile find a parachute so we could take off. That sounds nice, huh! How about Kauai?

On the other hands, how do we prevent one from happening. Ever since I was little, I tried to weigh every decision that I was/am about to make to make sure that I don’t look back and regret later. Majority of the time, I am doing fine. So far, there is only a handful of things that I wish I made a better choice. Sometimes, I just wish that there is a rewind button in our lives. I need that now! Seriously! Can we ask Apple to come up with iHuman? The remote control that works with our lives? The rumors said the next big thing is the iTV. After iTV, perhaps?

--courtesy of 4mycanada.ca

On serious side, if we are able to anticipate what would be next thing in our lives. Life would be boring and predictable. Like my brother-in-law once said, “Sometimes, the best picture is the one where you don't follow the rules, connect the dots in the proper order, or color within the lines.”

Until next stop,
Journey of Life

2 comments:

  1. Regret in and of itself is a destructive and useless emotion. Oscar Wilde said something to the effect that regretting one's experiences is to arrest one's development. In more prosaic terms, mistakes are the feedback loop we need to grow, to change, and to improve.

    Think of big life experiences that have gone very well, and have gone very poorly.

    Which caused you to adapt and to learn more?

    The fact that life does not have a "reset" button makes our choices more precious, and our victories more sweet. Yes, and our defeats and failings more painful.

    The best you can do is to take CALCULATED risks, knowing that a good many will not work out. Many people have said in many ways, you don't regret the mistakes you made, you regret the chances you didn't take.

    George Bernard Shaw, at the end of his life, was asked if he he had another chance at life - if he could be anyone in the world, who would he be?

    His answer was: "I'd like to be the man I could have been."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very true that you don’t regret the mistakes you made but the chances you missed. The fact that you made the wrong choice by not taking the chance that you missed and ended up with the wrong choice. That caused the *regret*, whether we said we regret because we missed the other chance or the fact is we are regretting the choice that we have made or the mistakes that we made.

      For instance, a few years ago, My ex-boss, which is the founder of huge pre-IP company, approached me (Of course, I didn’t know the fact this company would be huge and successfully company later on) I didn’t pursue it and now looking back. I made my choice to stay instead of going. Should I say that I regret I didn’t take the opportunity or the fact that I made my choice not to go?

      Delete