Magens Bay --San Thomas

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The greatest gift of all ...


A friend of mine shared a link where there is this article about phenomenon that are happening in K-Mart and Wal-Mart stores somewhere in US. People are showing up and performing good deeds. They have been paying off some lay-away items for those who need some extra gestures. As you can imagine, so many tears have been shed out of appreciation. These Santa have done the good deeds anonymously leaving others the feeling of joy and appreciation. What a noble heart they have!

On the other hand, I didn’t realize that there are many unfortunate people in this part of the country. I come to learn about it thru some of the volunteer works that we have done in November and December. Thanks to my co-worker who had arranged these activities for our group. Thanks to her for getting me the exposure. Now I can in turn expose my girls to the events.

We are so blessed and lucky in so many ways. We have access to many luxurious items in our lives. Sometimes we don’t even know what to buy for our loved ones, friends, and relatives. At the same time, we don’t even know what we want or need. Growing up in my family has given me the opportunity to expose to many luxurious items that I sometimes take them for granted. Having said that, even today, I am quite fortunate that everything I ever wanted so far was pretty much granted.

Thru my life encountered, I believe that the greatest gift of all, attentiveness, is priceless. The one thing that money can't buy. Attention from our loved ones can give us lasting comfort, lasting memory, lasting love and those are priceless. During hardship, when money is tight … when our feeling are down … one thing that we need the most are not those luxurious gifts where the happiness generated only for a moment, but attentiveness can give us the lasting feeling of contentment.  That is invaluable.

As I put forward another step in my journey, I will take this thought with me and give as much attention to others as I would receive from my love ones. At the same time, I would like to take this moment to thank each and every one of you who has given me your undivided attention to my blog. Because of your attention, my blog has flourished. What is a blog without a reader I say …?

Having said that, this would be my last blog for the year.  I hereby would like to wish everyone “Happy Holiday and May your journeys will always fill with happiness. And that happiness can spread thru your circle of friends. So they too can be blessed with your happiness.” Until next year, meantime be contagious with your attention!

Until next stop,
Journey of Life

No comments:

Post a Comment