Magens Bay --San Thomas

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Time ...


Time seems to go faster and faster to the point that one year seems like yesterday. Okay, not quite but close enough. It seems like the year of 2011 is just there and now we are only weeks away from ending it.

When we were little, time seemed to last forever or perhaps we didn’t even understand what time really meant. Time for us was more or less, time to eat, and time to play or perhaps time to eat and time to play? You get my point.

When we get a bit older, like my girl, she barely gets time to play nowadays. Seriously, I don’t recall school was this tough. I managed to go mountain hiking almost once every quarter perhaps more. My memory seems to fade but I think I had plenty time to play then.

All of the sudden, we have less and less time for ourselves and more and more time on others. But despite how much time we spend on our children, we spend most time on works. I remember at one company, my ex-coworker told me this when he saw me working like crazy. Yes, I was at the office up until 2:00 am in the morning and woke up at 6:00 am to attend my kids. I was on the verge of getting pneumonia. Literally. He said this to me, “You know, if the company were about to cut its resources, you were just a name, however, if you died, your children will have with no mother.” Point blank. Right on!

courtesy of conversationagent.com

I was awaken and told myself before I shed tears of regret for missing their growing time, I better do something. I decided to pace myself and instead of spending more time at work. I spent more time with my children. That was the best decision ever and I never regret even one bit. I may not have the most glorious position in the world, but I did not miss out the time when my children needed me the most.
Time is too precious and irreplaceable. Think and choose carefully with whom and how we spend our time. After all, there is no undo button in our lives.
I hope you enjoy this part of journey with me visiting "Time." Before you leave, let me insert this thought from Harvey MacKay to you, “Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't own it, but you can use it. You can't keep it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it you can never get it back.”
How and who are you going to spend your time with?
Until next stop,
Journey of Life

No comments:

Post a Comment