Magens Bay --San Thomas

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Was it meant to be?

I never believed in 'fate' in the past, but sometimes things just happened for a reason. Do you believe that?
I got 3 offers 4.5 years ago. I really wanted to work at one of the networking start-up. I am just not cut for big corporations as I am a more personable person. I like doing things not by the rules. (Yes, only if my kids know!) But, my hubby convinced me otherwise and for whatever reasons might be, I was there for 4.5 years.

Yes. I was. I recently left the old job and joining this new BU within the same company for a totally different area. In fact, on a domain that I always want to learn. Networking, right!

It took them three attempts before I said 'yes,' was it because I resisted the change? Nah! For those who know me, know that I jumped ships too often and most of the times, some companies were hesitating on hiring me because they think I am a short-timer. In fact, I am not! Circumstances demanded that action of mine. It is true that I am leaving an old job behind where I am the 'person' in the group. I could do the job even with my eyes closed literally. But, that was not the reason at all. If I tell you it was because of the people, would you believe me? Funny how you are attached to certain people. Those are the people that have left a huge imprint in my life. But then one day, they disappeared from the office, leaving me behind with all the memories. It took me more than 2 weeks to mourn over and realized that they are no longer part of my life, my working life that is!

Seems like all pointers are pointing to this new direction of mine. Several companies approached me, but for whatever reasons none of them worked out.

Do you believe this is meant to be? Was it part of the plan 4.5 years ago that I am where I am today?

--courtesy of zazzle.com

I guess I will find out someday as I continue to step forward in this journey of my life .....

Until next stop,
Journey of Life

No comments:

Post a Comment