Magens Bay --San Thomas

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

When the Western Medicine Has No Answer ...

Recently I have encountered couple of people that I know personally who had experienced some unexplained illnesses that the western medicine couldn't give a definite answers. When that happened, they turned to the Chinese medicine and found their miracles...

As my curiosity arose, I went online and found an article in the webmd.com, Scientists Seek Clues for Acupuncture's Success--Learn how acupuncture might help when Western medicine doesn't have an answer.

Basically the article was saying, Researchers are closer to understand how this 2000-year-old medical practice, acupuncture, "can subtly adjust the body's tissues, nerves, and hormones." Even the NIH and World Health Organization have both given their formal stamp of certain uses of acupuncture.

"It helps to have an exploring, open mindset when considering acupuncture. "But even people who are not very open-minded and try it, find they feel good during the treatments," David S. Kiefer, MD, of the University of Arizona in Tucson, told WebMD in a previous interview. "Sometimes they are surprised." Cited from http://www.webmd.com/pain-management/features/acupuncture-pain-killer

Personally, I didn't believe in the traditional (Chinese) medicine but after coming in close contact--thru personal acquaintances of mine--I am almost convinced. As my mind lighted up, I heard more and more outrages stories from the former patients namely, an individual who had not been able to use his sense of smell for the last 30 years and only after 3 months encountered with the Chinese medicine, he could smell the roses again. Or how one baby boy was told on how little his survival chance would be, and I was able to meet him--twenty six years old--recently. Isn't that fascinating?! And the most unbelievable story was when the Western Medicine couldn't explain further, they referred their patients to the psychologist. However, only thru this ancient medicine, those patients were then cured.

I recognized not all acupuncturists out there can perform the miracles, the key here is to find them thru your referrals. Some of them are not even qualified to be call ones, IMHO.

Now, it is up to us to Believe the Unbelievable ...


Until next stop,
 Journey of Life.

12 comments:

  1. I have heard good things about acupuncturists too. Some are probably more gifted than others. Great article!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have hit it right on the nail, Kathy. Just any profession, some are more gifted. Like it!

      Delete
  2. I have never tried acupuncture, but I think enough work on it has been done to demonstrate that it can be effective, and it certainly can do no harm. What I don't like about Chinese medicine is the killing of endangered animals like tigers, rhinos, and some bears in order to obtain body parts to make potions that are patently ineffective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hear ya ... I heard about that as well. That was probably the reason why I couldn't believe it at the first place. Having said that, what I saw recently are merely tree barks, mushrooms, leaves, and etc. They are pretty much nature stuff, much like what the native Americans use.

      Delete
  3. I really believe in Qu Quong (sp), the exercises, and the healing processes. Amazing things have happened to me.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard good thing about Qi Gong as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried acupuncture, but acupressure, ayurveda and homeopathy have certainly worked for me at different times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried all of these yet myself and I heard they work!

      Delete
  6. well if I didn't find something to work for an ailment I would surely seek other alternatives. I don't know a lot about acupuncture--but I'd want to seek out the best person in that field to do it. I'm sure there are various techniques and all that...still...I'd want the best!! Cheers, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed seeking what is best for us definitely is the way.

      Delete
  7. I think they should teach eastern and western medicine in medical school! I would seek out such a doctor!

    ReplyDelete