Magens Bay --San Thomas

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Key Holders ...

Jenn from wine-n-chat.com is hosting a blog hop since last Thursday and I have been wracking my brain on what to write and suddenly I was enlightened. The idea always came out of nowhere. Anyway, the following was the prompt from the blog hop--keys.


Each of us is the owner of many keys (literally) and among them is the key to our lives. With these keys in our own hands, we decide/determine which door to open and which door to lock. Luckily, many of us are more than capable of handling our own keys of lives.

However, that is not the case with our children. At the beginning, we resolved for them which door to enter or not. With much love and examples, we are enhancing their ability to choose and manage their keys of lives. With the hope that someday, they would be able to take charge of their own keys-- they would be the ultimate owner of their own keys of lives.

Food for thought: As the Key Holders of our next generation's, our jobs are not merely the Key Holders, we are the ultimate holders of their faiths.

Hope you enjoy this stop visiting the Key Holders ...

Until next stop,
Journey of Life

14 comments:

  1. This is an interesting take on keys!! I like the idea of the next generation, our children, holding the keys to the future. Awesome write!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the post Angela--a different perspective--and a refreshing one. So much to think about when we show our children how to handle their own keys!!

    Cheers, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I saw couple gray hairs from thinking about this post :-)

      Delete
  3. I really wish I could always hold the key for my children; this world has become far too complicated for me to feel safe handing over those keys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your take on the keys photo. What a great idea to think of the next generation. I don't have children, but as a former teacher, I can really appreciate the need for us to help future generations handle their own keys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful post! I have no doubt the kids will be ready for their keys when the time is right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And that is the true journey of life. We all have many hats that we have to wear so well! THanks for sharing these thoughts with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have just completed my incomplete conclusion. Thank you. I am so tempted to update my blog and put in that sentence, "And that is the *true* Journey of Life."

      Delete
  7. My kids are so different from each other. They handle the same key in completely different ways. Sometimes handing them the keys and allowing them to find and open the locks are great blessings. Sometimes we as parents need to have the faith that they will handle those keys well. Nicely written and enjoyed your take on the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzy. Agree that we need to let them handle their own keys and have faith in them.

      Delete